Stainless Bearing Bar (Comp. Spec.)
American Barbell's Stainless Bearing Bar incorporates a host of proprietary features unlike any other on the market. It's with this technology our bars spin smoother as the weight gets heavier on the bar.
The bar shaft is made from precision straightened stainless steel. The strength of the shaft is tested with every shipment of raw material to ensure we have a consistent 190,000 PSI tensile strength. This attention to detail also allows for an excellent whip and long-term performance of our bars. Stainless Steel offers superior corrosion resistance and can always be cleaned and repaired with no damage to the surface. Additionally, knurling set in stainless steel has a one-of-a-kind feeling that cannot be achieved with other finishes.
The bar sleeves are precision welded to eliminate failure. The weld is recessed to not interfere with plates resting flush against the sleeve collar. Each sleeve is coated with hard chrome for protection against dropping. Sleeves also contain American Barbell’s proprietary concealed bearing system with higher load ratings than any bar available. A dust and chalk seal is also installed to protect and maintain longer bearing life.
Read more about our bearing bar technology here: Understanding the Olympic Needle Bearing Bar and its Function
- IWF Specification
- Made in USA
- Incorporates American Barbell’s proprietary bearing technology
- Higher load capacity and smoother rotation with heavier weights
- Can always be cleaned or repaired with no damage to the finish
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Features a protective ring on inner collar side to keep chalk and dust from penetrating bearings
- Patent No: US D795,971 S
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime